Regular checkups throughout childhood allow your child's provider to monitor his growth and development, and to address any small medical concerns before they become larger issues. Novant Health Dilworth Pediatrics offers well-child care for children from birth through college. If you have your baby at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center, your child will see a provider from our office before hospital discharge. Our providers typically see children in our office at the following ages:
- A few days after hospital discharge
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- One year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- Two years
- 2.5 years
- Annually starting at three years
If your child's provider has any special concerns, more frequent visits might be recommended.
A well-child checkup typically includes:
- Checks of height and weight.
- Monitoring of heart and lung function.
- Examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- A visual examination of the skin.
- Administration of any necessary vaccines.
- Time to discuss any concerns related to health or development.